Bonding is a great way for you to regain confidence in your smile if you have chipped or broken one (or more) of your teeth. Bonding is a dental restoration which directly applys a tooth-colored composite to your tooth. Once the composite is applied, Dr. Yankowskas of Tyngsboro Cosmetic Dentistry will sculpt and shape it to make a perfect looking tooth. A high-intensity ultraviolet light is then used to harden the composite and is finished off by a fine polishing.
Not only is bonding useful for chipped and broken teeth, but it is great for stained teeth that are resistant to professional whitening treatment.
Although bonding does not last as long as veneers or crowns; with proper care, bonding composites can last for years.
For more information on bonding or any other dental restoration, please contact Tyngsboro Cosmetic Dentistry at 978-649-7773 or www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
Dr. James Yankowskas DDS of Tyngsboro, MA provides cosmetic and restorative tooth colored restorations. With the use of tooth colored restorations you can have the smile you always dreamed of.
Crowns are a cosmetic restoration used to improve your tooth’s shape or to strengthen a tooth. Crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Crowns are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Porcelain crowns are most often preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Crowns are often preferable to silver amalgam fillings. Unlike fillings which apply metal directly into your mouth, a crown is fabricated away from your mouth. Your crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
For more information on Crowns or any other cosmetic restoration, contact Dr. Yankowskas at 978-649-7773 or www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
Cosmetic dentistry can create the bright natural looking smile you deserve. Whether you are interested in a complete smile design, restoring chipped teeth or want to whiten, we can improve your smile. Cosmetic Dentistry is composed of several different types of dental procedures. Dr. James Yankowskas of Tyngsboro Cosmetic Dentistry offers information on some of the cosmetic procedures he offers.
Porcelain Veneers – Fingernail-thin shells are adhered to the front surface of the tooth. Veneers can fix several aesthetic problems with just one treatment.
Whitening – There are at home whitening kits and in office whitening treatments. At-home bleaching kits use carbamide peroxide solutions to oxidize and bleach your teeth. In-office bleaching (also called chair side, light-activated or one-hour bleaching) uses hydrogen peroxide gels and a heat or light source; these treatments lighten your teeth by six to eight shades in one to three visits, and sometimes less.
Bonding – With the use of bonding, gaps, chips, broken teeth, spots and discoloration can all be repaired with bonding. You can regain your smile and confidence.
Crowns – A perfectly fitted restoration that repairs and strengthens a tooth that has fractured has a large cavity, an old filling that has failed, or has had root canal therapy. Unlike an inlay or onlay, a crown completely covers the tooth.
Invisalign – The invisible way to straighten teeth. Using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable aligners.
Whatever cosmetic procedure you are interested in, call Dr. Yankowskas and make an appointment to get that beautiful smile you have always dreamed of, 978-649-7773 or visit the website www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. According to Dr. James Yankowskas of Lowell, MA dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Dental implants are natural-looking and feeling and under proper conditions, such as placement by a diligent patient maintenance, implants can last a lifetime.
What do Dental Implants Do?
- Replace one or more teeth
- Support a bridge and reduce the need for a partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Types of Implants
- Endosteal (in the bone): Most commonly used type of implant. Screws, cylinders or blades are surgically placed into the jawbone.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone): These are placed on top of the jaw with the metal framework’s
Dental Implant Placement vs Dentures or a Bridge
Esthetically dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often happen with bridgework and dentures.
Neighboring teeth are not changed to support the implant as with a bridge. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health.
Dental implants are secure. You don’t have to worry when speaking or eating. No messy pastes and glue. You will go about your daily routine with confidence and comfort.
The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Ideally you need to be in good oral health and have adequate bone in your jaw to support the implant. In addition you will need healthy gum tissue, free of periodontal disease.
For more information on dental implant placement contact Dr. Yankowskas at 978-649-7773 or visit his website www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
Dr. James Yankowskas of Tyngsboro, MA can transform anyone’s smile into the beautiful bright smile that they have always dreamed about, especially with the use of Porcelain Veneers. Porcelain veneers offer superior benefits over other cosmetic dental procedures, such as dental crowns or braces. The fingernail-thin shells, which are adhered to the front surface, solve a myriad of aesthetic problems with just one treatment. Here is a list of the top 10.
- Natural looking – Porcelain is a translucent material that mimics the look, luster, and feel of enamel.
- Whiten – When adhered to the front surface of your teeth, veneers you’re your teeth look instantly whiter.
- Straighten – Veneers offer a great alternative for patients with crooked teeth who do not want to endure the process of having their teeth straightened with dental braces.
- Fix – Veneers can fill in and improve the look of teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Fill in gaps – Veneers can be customized to repair smiles with unsightly gaps.
- Youthful – A whiter, brighter, more lustrous smile can immediately you’re your face a more youthful appearance.
- Conservative – Unlike other cosmetic procedures that require removing a large portion of healthy, natural teeth, veneers can be applied with little alteration.
- Protection – Once applied, the veneers also serve to provide a protective shield to the front surface of teeth.
- Stain resistant — Porcelain is stain resistant, which will make your smile stay brighter and whiter longer.
- Gum friendly – Gum tissue is not irritated by porcelain.
Don’t wait any longer to get that beautiful smile you have always wanted. Contact Dr. Yankowskas at (978) 649-7773 or visit his website www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
Dr. James Yankowskas DDS of Tynsboro, MA offers Invisalign, the invisible way to straighten teeth using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable aligners. Whether your teeth are crowded, too far apart or have shifted, Invisalign may be right for you.
Upon an initial examination, Dr. Yankowskas will decide if Invisalign is right for you. He will then write a treatment plan and take an impression of your teeth. Thanks to the latest advances in 3-D computer technology, Invisalign carefully translates the dentist’s instructions into a series of precisely customized aligners. The aligners will move your teeth gradually week by week until you achieve the smile you have always desired.
To achieve a beautiful straight smile, without using unsightly metal braces, contact Dr. Yankowskas at (978) 649-7773 or visit his website www.tynsborocosmeticdentist.com.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, certain foods naturally cleanse, brighten, and defend against bacteria that can harm your teeth and gums.
The following 10 foods were recommended by the academy for a healthy, brighter smile.
- Pineapples can help whiten teeth. Pineapples contain an enzyme called bromelain, which acts as a natural stain remover. Bromelain also helps break up plaque.
- Ginger can protect against periodontal disease, an inflammatory process that causes the loss of bone and supportive connective tissue in your mouth.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, which is needed for healthy tooth enamel. Eating them raw stimulates saliva, your mouth’s natural cleanser.
- Basil is a natural antibiotic that reduces bacteria in the mouth.
- Cheese is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus, all of which help reduce acid in your mouth.
- Sesame seeds help “scrub” away the plaque on your teeth. Chewing nuts can also provide this coarse, scrubbing action. Sesame seeds also contain bone and teeth-strengthening calcium.
- Shiitake mushrooms contain a compound called lentinan, which inhibits bacteria from growing in your mouth.
- Onions contain the sulfur compounds, thiosulfinates and thiosulfonates, which reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay. Eating them raw is a must as cooking will destroy these tooth-friendly compounds.
- Salmon not only provides calcium but also vitamin D, another nutrient needed for healthy bones and teeth.
- Broccoli contains iron, which helps form an acid-resistant film or barrier that can protect the enamel of your teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or other ways to brighten your smile, contact Tyngsboro Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. James Yankowskas DDS at (978) 649-7773 or visit his website www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.