A dental crown is a dental restoration that is used to replace an old filling or broken tooth to improve the function of your teeth.
Dental crowns are the solution to enhancing and improving your oral hygiene. If you are suffering for cracked or chipped teeth, there is a very high possibility that you need to receive dental crowns.
Two main signals that indicate an individual needs a dental crown:
- Cracks in the teeth are main indicators that one needs a dental crown. Deep cracks in teeth allow for plaque and bacteria to build up inside the tooth which can lead to infection and permanent tooth loss.
- Chipped tooth- Chips are a major sign of weak and decayed teeth that should be examine immediately. If the chip was not caused by some kind of accident, the chip is most likely due to some damage that can only be fixed with a dental crown.
A Dental Crown is a cap placed over a tooth to restore its strength and appearance. Dental Crowns have several uses such as to protect a weak or broken tooth. Also, Dental Crowns are used to cover a large filling or help support a dental bridge.
Ten advantages of restorative Dental Crowns:
- Natural Looking – Porcelain and composite Dental Crowns have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Durable – Last up to fifteen years depending on their care.
- Stain Resistant – Made from porcelain
- Cosmetic – Improve the look of broken, cracked or discolored teeth
- Non-slipping – Dental Crowns are cemented or anchored in place
- Protection – Dental Crowns protect the tooth from further decay
- Restorative – Restores full function of your damaged tooth
- Comfort – Stable and do not irritate gums like partial dentures.
- Speech – Missing teeth and dentures can affect speech. Dental Crowns replace the missing teeth and do not slip around, making speech sound more clear.
- Confidence – Damaged, discolored or missing teeth causes confidence issues. Dental Crowns help to make your smile beautiful again.
Tyngsboro Cosmetic Dentistry is specialized in restoring the function of your teeth.
If you have a broken, chipped, stained or damaged tooth, contact Dr. Yankowskas at 978-649-7773 or visit our website at www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
Proudly serving Tyngsboro, Townsend, Westford, Hudscon, Pepperell, Pelham and all surrounding areas.