Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth. Periodontal disease is typically painless and you may not know you have it. Periodontal disease is caused by plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that is constantly forming on our teeth.
Here are some warning signs that can signal a problem:
• gums that bleed easily
• red, swollen, tender gums
• gums that have pulled away from the teeth
• persistent bad breath or bad taste
• permanent teeth that are loose or separating
• any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
• any change in the fit of partial dentures
Many factors that can increase the risk of developing periodontal disease including smoking, pregnancy, and diabetes. It is important to visit Dr. Yankowskas if you think you have periodontal disease because the sooner you seek treatment the better.
For more information on proper periodontal care or to make an appointment, Dr. Yankowskas at (978) 649-7773 or visit our website.
Dr. Yankowskas also proudly serves Lowell, Nashua, Dracut, Chelmsfold, Dunstable, and surrounding areas.
A Dental Crown is a cap placed over a tooth to restore its strength and appearance. Dental Crowns have several uses such as to protect a weak or broken tooth. Also, Dental Crowns are used to cover a large filling or help support a dental bridge. Dr. James Yankowskas DDS of Tyngsboro, MA lists the top 10 advantages of restorative Dental Crowns.
- Natural Looking – Porcelain and composite Dental Crowns have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Durable – Last up to fifteen years depending on their care.
- Stain Resistant – Made from porcelain
- Cosmetic – Improve the look of broken, cracked or discolored teeth
- Non-slipping – Dental Crowns are cemented or anchored in place
- Protection – Dental Crowns protect the tooth from further decay
- Restorative – Restores full function of your damaged tooth
- Comfort – Stable and do not irritate gums like partial dentures.
- Speech – Missing teeth and dentures can affect speech. Dental Crowns replace the missing teeth and do not slip around, making speech sound more clear.
- Confidence – Damaged, discolored or missing teeth causes confidence issues. Dental Crowns help to make your smile beautiful again.
If you have a broken, chipped, stained or damaged tooth, contact Dr. Yankowskas at 978-649-7773 or visit our website at www.tyngsborocosmeticdentist.com.
Proudly serving Tyngsboro, Townsend, Westford, Hudscon, Pepperell, Pelham and all surrounding areas.